The dairy product brand “Casuta Mea” is owned by LAPMOL, the leader of the Moldovan dairy industry in the production of natural dairy products from Moldovan milk. PR-agency PARC Communications has been working with the company since 2014 and has organized several communication campaigns, including two “Cow Festivals”.
Develop and organize a mass event, which would become the basis for the promotion of natural dairy products from Moldovan milk, able to attract the attention of a wide audience, the press and the authorities.
In Moldova, stereotypes about the destruction of dairy farming that existed in the Soviet times are stable. Consumers believe that the majority of dairy products are produced from imported powdered milk.
The agency proposed to build the communication around a new event for the Republic of Moldova – the Cow Festival. On June 1, when is celebrated the International Children’s Day, small residents of the capital and their parents became acquainted with the artistic images of the main source of dairy products from the brand “Casuta Mea” – 10 colorful sculptures of cows painted during the day in the Chisinau central square:
- Communication started with a press club, at which the problem of milk production in the Republic of Moldova were discussed, as well as solutions that have contributed to the supply of natural raw materials;
- In 2014, the cows were painted by Moldovan creative teams which have generated positive feedback on social networks;
- In 2017, the festival was dedicated to the 20th anniversary of the company, and famous Moldovan artists were invited to paint the cows. The main theme of the Cow Festival was the continuity of national traditions in painting;
- The artists also painted 50 cow miniatures, which served as gifts to the company’s corporate partners;
- Painted cows were available to viewers in the central square for a month, and then – placed in shopping centers within the Republic of Moldova;
Cow Festivals have attracted widespread attention both at the festival, and in places of further placement. Each of the events was covered by at least 7 TV channels, as well as print and online media. The event served as a vivid illustration of the efforts of the last years undertaken by the Government of the Republic of Moldova to revive dairy farms.