In spring 2022, PARC Communications, a PR agency, organized an information campaign for the Association of Companies of the Electronic Industry of Moldova (ACEM) – “Electronics – Your Future!” The campaign was organized with the support of the Moldovan Government Economic Policy Consultation Project, implemented by GIZ Moldova with the financial support of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
ACEM aimed to inform young people about the opportunities and benefits of the electronics industry and motivate them to study in the field of electronics, which today is creating the future in all spheres of life. The communication campaign was also intended to promote the industry to all interested parties.
The electronics industry in the Republic of Moldova today has over 170 companies and about 16,000 employees. It is one of the country’s prospective industrial sectors in terms of its potential to contribute to GDP, create jobs and attract foreign direct investment. Moldovan specialists are highly qualified and can compete with the leaders in the field, and the electronics produced in Moldova are exported to dozens of countries around the world. However, the general audience and stakeholders are poorly informed about the industry, and electronics professions are in low demand among young people.
A communication campaign targeted at motivating young people to choose a career in electronics was developed and implemented:
- The agency developed the campaign name and motto “Electronics – Your Future!” as well as key messages for all target audiences;
- A video promoting a career in the electronics industry was developed and produced and placed on TV channels, online portals and social media;
- For the promotion in social networks, cards with infographics for each of the 18 member companies of the Association were produced, as well as fact and infographic cards on the electronics industry in Moldova;
- A series of video spots was developed and produced with one of the opinion leaders creating successful projects in the electronics sector;
- The media campaign produced articles, success stories and video reports about the electronics industry and educational institutions in Moldova that offer training for professions in this field.
The significance and perspective of the electronics industry has become more visible to stakeholders. The number of enquiries to ASEM by journalists has increased. The number of followers of the Association’s social media accounts has also grown. The number of views of Facebook videos exceeded 200,436.