In the period June-July 2016, the PARC Communications agency has organized the broadcast of 4 championship matches within the EURO 2016, part of the information campaign of the EU Delegation to the Republic of Moldova “Red Card for corruption”.
Attract people’s attention to the issues related to corruption, the rule of law and an independent judiciary in the context of the Euro 2016 football Championship.
Residents of the Republic of Moldova reluctantly respond to the interaction within the communication campaigns.
The broadcasting of the football matches was commented in Romanian or Russian by the moderator – the sports commentator. Before and after the match, as well as during the break, the moderator conducted thematic interactive contests. The EU Ambassador to Moldova, who participated in a photo flashmob with red cards, was also present at the broadcasting of the football matches.
- The 1/8 Finals were broadcasted in Rezina, 1/4 Finals – in Taraclia and Ungheni, аnd the grand finale of the championship – in Comrat;
- At the events were set up an information point with materials on support provided by the European Union to the Republic of Moldova, as well as thematic activities of local NGOs.
- The agency has organized a photo session on the background of a photo wall, together with the EURO 2016 Mascot;
- As part of the campaign, a photo of the heads of mission of the European Union countries showing red cards for corruption was uploaded on social networks;
- The campaign also included a video with the message: “Honest referee – fair play; Honest judge – Free society”;
More than 1,000 people attended events in four cities. Events were covered in local media and on social networks. The campaign video was broadcasted on 7 TV channels.